Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My dear kiki


Been 3 months since I've updated. 

Today was a really bad day. 

Kiki was supposed to go for his dental scaling today but as the clinic couldn't reach me yesterday and, Kiki didnt fast after 12mn and so, his dental scaling was not successful. Didn't want it to be a wasted trip down to the clinic, I still decided to go ahead with the consultation. So I was thinking that since we're already there, why not send Kiki for his blood test first so that next week he will be able to go straight into his scaling procedure. As you know, blood test usually took about an 30 minutes to an hour for results to show. Didn't wanted to stay at the clinic for long so I decided to bring Kiki home first. I waited for a few hours... At that point of time, I didn't have much of the mood to do anything. I kept telling myself that the blood test result should be perfectly fine since Kiki hasn't been feeling sick or whatsoever. 

His test results were out...

Dr Chua explained to me that Kiki's liver has some problem. Normal ALT for dogs should range between 10-118. But Kiki was at 165. Although the vet assured me that this problem is just a very very mild problem since his ALT isn't that high but it was safer to take precaution now. I heed the advise. And so his scaling appointment was postponed to another two weeks time. 

Hopefully after the full course of medication, his ALT will drop to an acceptable range and he can go ahead with the dental scaling. Then, I will watch his diet very very closely and feed him with liver/gallbladder supplement to keep the ALT at a healthy range. Sigh.. I don't know is it due to aging or was it his previous injury. There are many possibilities. Kiki did not have a very much needed care when he is a puppy till 1yo. It was till we bought him over that his fur started to grow and his weight increased. 

Or should I be blaming myself for not taking care of him well that's why his liver started to show signs.. 

But he seems to be perfectly fine.. 

Lets all hope for the better. 

He WILL be fine. His ALT WILL drop to an acceptable range. 

Please keep him in your prayer. Very much appreciate it. 



I'm not ready for anything to happen to him yet... Not any sooner..

I will update daily on Kiki's situation for the full 10 days of the course of his medication.